Podcast: Listen Here
>> See All Podcast Episodes Here
I had the privilege of interviewing Spencer Cormany of the popular Instagram channel Leading Worship Well.
In this in-depth conversation, Spencer and I talk about what your true responsibilities are as a worship leader. After listening, you’ll feel a great weight taken off your shoulders.
We talk about:
- What you need to provide the congregation each time you lead worship
- What you don’t need to provide, and shouldn’t try to, when you lead worship
Here’s a quick breakdown of the main points:
What your responsibility isn’t
- Cheerleader: You’re not there to be exuberant or get people motivated
- Rock Star: You shouldn’t take worship leading as an opportunity to glorify yourself
- Making things happen: You can only provide an atmosphere of worship. You can’t make people worship, though.
What your responsibility is
- Leading in musical worship: Providing music and good leading so that people can enter into worship
- Opportunity to respond: People should be able to respond to God if they so desire.
- Seek direction from God: Sometimes God will want to do something with that service that you’re not expecting. Be open to that direction.
We also talk about what success is for your worship time. After all, how do you know if you fulfilled your responsibility unless you’ve defined success ahead of time?
What does a successful worship time look like? That’s a question we discuss as well.
I hope you enjoyed this conversation with Spencer Cormany as much as I did.
Learn To Lead Worship Better
Are you looking for a resource that will help you get started leading worship or improving your skills?
Check out the book “Learn To Lead Worship In 14 Days.” It’s a step-by-step, day-by-day handbook that can launch your worship leading journey in as little as two weeks.
>> Get this valuable resource by clicking here.
Hi my is Francis Akaki Obae
and I what to learn more about worship from you our church is very small with 70 members is new church one year old and I request to partner with our ministry here in Africa Kenya thanks you wating to hearing from you so soon.
Keep checking the podcast and website. There are many topics that will help your worship ministry grow.